Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dog by Genie Huey






Photos by Genie Huey


When asked to come up with a project for the " Sacred Altars " show, I immediately thought of a dog. I always smile when I see a dog, whether it is merely walking down the street, or riding
with it's head out of a car window, or sleeping peacefully. I get joy from it's happy tail-wagging enthusiasm - no " don't talk to me, I've had a bad day " attitude common with humans.

So my dog is my " Sacred Altar " , the platform of my happiness and contentment, the key to my heart and soul, and the recipient of my worship and devotion.


And within the heart of my dog is it's altar of happiness - with things like a soft bed, toys to play with, a stick to chew, a tasty bone, and a picture of it's people.


**** This sculpture if made primarily from recycled / found objects. ( legs are old railroad ties - tail and head are old rusty found objects - dog body is scrap copper - dog bed is made from old material lying around - toy ball was found in the street, as was the stick - leather dog leash is an old shoelace - dog collar is chain found in an old parts drawer. The only purchased item is the stuffed toy rabbit.)


GENIE HUEY
( retired - hobbyist - resides in Leucadia.
Likes working with copper, and old rusty metal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment