Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Woody's Piece


Palm Tree
 Sitting under a palm the warm sand between your toes,
the cool breeze blowing over your skin.
You look out onto the surf and wondering,
should I go out for a quick dip or sit a while longer?


Bio
I came into woodworking through my father.  He was very good working with his hands, from restoring old cars to building and repairing furniture as a hobby.  One of the most impressive things I would see my father create, wooded chain links whittled from a single piece of wood.  (A goal for me to shoot for.)  I was born and raised in Del Mar, spent my youth with sand in my ears and saltwater on the skin. I moved back to coastal north county several years ago after spending 30 years in the east county pretending I liked it out there.  Nice to be home again.

Woody


1 comment:

  1. I had the opportunity to go by the library today to see Sacred Alters and yours is one of my favorites, although, they are all lovely. You do amazing work. I, too, had the misfortune of moving away from Encinitas, my home. Anyway, your art is amazing. Your story touched my heart. Thank you for displaying it.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete