Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Geromolina by Catherine Saxton






Geromolina

I have always loved Volkswagens. Ran away from home a few times in them. I especially love the bus. People can't help but smile at you when you drive a bus. I credit my last bus, Geromolina with getting me, Robert, and various kids and friends to the beach with our surfboards and all our toys for a day at the beach, or an evening "bus date". I loved how she sounded driving up the road, her smell, the view from the steering wheel, her bumper stickers, I loved it all. I made the decision to sell her when we didn't have the time, money, or dedication to keep her running. My altar is some of the trinketry that had made their home within her walls of steel. I like that this little box of "stuff" I kept in my sewing room, can now be shared with you. It somehow lessens the ache of Geri no longer being at my house or driving to Beacons. For a longer version of the story of Geromolina, please visit my August 5,2010 entry at www.bigyellowbowl.blogspot.com.

Catherine Saxton is a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, nurse, athlete, occasional surfer-fiddler-blogger, art and mess maker, that loves that she got stuck in Leucadia. Most likely she'll begin therapy soon to recover from the loss of her beloved Geromolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment